Monday, October 6, 2014

Pork Schnitzel


Save On's pork schnitzel was on special so I picked up the smallest pack.  One of our gardeners gave us a patty pan squash, that's on the right.  I made rice at the last minute because Fern gave away my nugget potatoes without mentioning it. Frozen peas done in the microwave and a fresh from the garden tomato with salt, black pepper and parmesan cheese cooked in the toaster oven. I served the pork with pear sauce sauce Fern made.

I didn't know what a patty pan squash was so I looked it up.  It's a summer squash like zucchini, with a soft edible skin. Steaming was one recommended cooking method and since I didn't know what it was like I did that.  Steaming worked but didn't enhance the flavour at all. I didn't finish all of mine, but it was such a big plate of food that's not surprising.  Pan frying the squash would have produced a much better result. Next time.

The tomatoes were a real treat. Off the vine and into the oven. I don't know if Fern ever tried grilled tomatoes before but he likes them now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment