Sunday, October 5, 2014

Turkey Cashew Stir Fry


I forgot to photograph the plate so I have recycled a photo from the last time I did a turkey cashew stir fry. It has all the same ingredients but Fern said at least three times how good this was last night so it's worth describing. I put about a teaspoon of sesame oil in the pan with the one or two tablespoons of canola oil. I put the carrots in the pan first then shortly afterwards added the onion. When onion began to sweat I added mushrooms. Once they were softening I added the cooked turkey. Next the celery, a few pine nuts I found and the cashews. Finally the peppers.  I added a tablespoon of oyster sauce and one of soy sauce and kept tossing.

I had rice with oil, salt and a splash of lemon juice cooked up and I served the stir fry next to that.  I always add soy sauce to my rice but Fern likes his neat.

I think the heavier use of sesame oil and particularly Oyster Sauce gave this dish it's amazing flavour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment