Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Roast Chicken



It was Thanksgiving so some kind of stuffing was called for. We had our turkey dinner at the Laughing Oyster so this was just a seasonal meal. Not that long ago I would have fussed at roasting a chicken half the day. This time I seasoned with:

salt
mixed pepper
paprika
ground garlic

I sprinkled it on then rubbed it all over.  I brushed olive oil on the top of the bird then turned it over and did the bottom. I roasted it in a rack with the bottom up for the first half hour. Then turn it over till done. Crispy skin all around. Roasted at 350F for 1.5 hrs. I stuck a fork in the breast and judged the liquid coming out. It should be clear. I put it back in for 10 minutes.

I steamed the cauliflower and sprouts, ran under cold water then reheated in olive oil. I threw in the last of the bacon crisped up and broken. I don't like that thick cut bacon. It's like eating leather.


Potatoes were new nuggets, boiled and served with salt, butter and chives.

The stuffing was Uncle Ben's Traditional stove top stuffing mix. No doubt I could make a better one myself, but not nearly as easily.

It was all really good, I'll do this more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment