Thursday, October 9, 2014

Pork Tenderloin


I had nothing in mind when I went to the store so it was by chance that pork tenderloin was on special. I don't usually buy it at Save On because they package two tenderloins together which is twice what I need. Time was short so I bought the larger package and headed home.  

Pork Marinade - I should have doubled the herbs

fresh fennel 1 tbsp
fresh oregano 1 tbsp
fresh garlic  3 cloves
olive oil 2 tbsp
lemon juice 1 tbsp
salt 1/2 tsp
mixed pepper

I gathered enough fresh herbs for one tenderloin and proceeded to make the marinade for two. I didn't have enough herb in the marinade so the meat didn't get that hint of licorice I was looking for. It tasted terrific, but not quite as good as I had hoped. If I had marinated it longer or used double the herbs it probably would have met my expectations. It was really good, but could be better.

Fern made the vegetable kebabs and simply brushed them with olive oil.  The onions didn't cook enough for Fern but I thought they were sweet and crunchy.

The rice had the usual salt, olive oil and lemon juice. 

Maybe I'll heat up some of the second loin for lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment