Thursday, October 2, 2014

Pork Souvlaki


I picked up dinner when I bought buns for lunch. Souvlaki is easy because it is simply brushed with oil and put over medium high heat on the BBQ for 15 minutes. Turning it so it doesn't scorch.

I also made rice and a Greek Salad. The rice had water, few drops lemon juice, olive oil and salt. 

Greek Salad

tomatoes chunked
cucumber sliced
green onions diced
pitted black olives
feta cheese
salt 
pepper

About the same amount of tomato and cucumber, then add only enough onion, olives and cheese to make it look good. Dress with olive oil, canola oil and red wine vinegar.  Season with salt and pepper.

I still don't know what Mitchell's uses to season their pork souvlaki but it is so easy to throw dinner together using them I buy them as a time saver.


No comments:

Post a Comment