Saturday, March 9, 2013

Absolutely fabulous pork chops



I managed to slice into my finger with an x-acto knife so I've been out of the kitchen for a few days. Well, I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday but with a mixer it's hardly work.

I wanted mustard on the pork chops but didn't want to burn it on.  Instead I put 


Pork Rub

1 tsp flour
1 1/2 tsp salt (I've been under salting my meats)
mixed ground pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder

in a plastic bag and coated the 3 chops.  Then I fried them in plenty of oil so they had a good sear. I put a sprig of rosemary and thyme on each chop while it cooked. When they were almost done I brushed one side with a tsp of dijon mustard and honey. I cooked it in a little then turned the chop over so both sides get some mustard cooked in.  

The carrots and asparagus were steamed, run under cold water and finished in extra virgin olive oil with a little salt and pepper.

Yellow flesh potatoes boiled and finished in extra virgin olive oil complete the plate. I forgot to add a few chives, darn!

These were the best pork chops I've ever cooked! The secret was adding the honey mustard at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment