Sunday, March 24, 2013

Breaded Chicken Breast


Boneless chicken breasts were on special and I just made stock the other day so I didn't need bones. My plate looks a little sparse but it's an oversize plate and I'm giving myself smaller portions to try to match my food intake with my energy expenditures. I didn't pound the meat flat this time, it was rolled in flour  and salt, then dipped in egg and finally tossed in bread crumbs. I added poultry seasoning to the bread crumbs. Mashed potatoes were plain and mixed vegetables were done in the microwave in a little chicken stock to give them a little more flavor.

The meat was under salted. I thought I put lots in with the flour but it didn't stick to the meat. Salt in the bread crumbs tends not to stick either so maybe I have to season the meat in the pan when it's floured. The potatoes and vegetables were properly seasoned so I'm making progress, but I still don't know how to get salt to stick to the meat under all conditions. On the other hand I had a temperature of 101ºF so that I got anything on a plate was a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment