Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pork Tenderloin on a plate


We're still suffering the flu and I needed a simple hot dinner that wasn't chicken. I picked up a pork tenderloin for under $4.  I had three mushrooms and a piece of cauliflower, fresh carrots and frozen peas. I put rice on to cook while I cut the pork into one and half inch lengths, but was too sick to bother pounding them flat. I seasoned and coated them with flour and put them in plenty of hot oil.

I didn't want to microwave the vegetables and I didn't want to fuss either so I decided to risk putting all the veggies in the steamer at one time. Cauliflower, carrots and frozen peas. Broccoli would have turned to mush before the carrots were cooked but Cauliflower takes a little longer so this worked for me this time. I sliced up my mushrooms and fried them in butter.  When I plated everything I put soy sauce on my rice, Fern likes plain white rice.  There was nothing special about the meal but it was good and we cleaned our plates. 

Our temperatures are both down this morning so we are finally on the way to well.

No comments:

Post a Comment