Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Molasses Banana Bread



I had bought about five pounds of ripe bananas for $.99 so there were plenty left for another banana bread.  The first one I used half a cup of brown sugar and half white sugar.  The recipe called for one cup white sugar but I wanted to see if brown sugar improved the flavor. It did.  This time I first reached for the brown sugar but stopped and instead added white sugar and one to two tablespoons of fancy molasses. That made it sweeter than the first but it had a new undercurrent of flavor than surprised and delighted. Here is the complete recipe.


Molasses Banana Bread

4 medium bananas mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg beaten
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup flour

Preheat oven to 350ºF.  Line a bread pan with parchment paper. Mix wet ingredients then add dry ingredients and mix well.   Pour into parchment and bake seventy minutes. If it isn't done the raw part will be at the bottom center and I'm not sure how to check that so I just cook it longer next time. If it's dry, cook it less.


No comments:

Post a Comment