Friday, March 15, 2013

Breaded Chicken Breast


It was a chicken night and I was tired of being creative. It's hard thinking up new ideas every night. I was going to keep it simple so I got out three bowls, flour, egg and bread crumbs.  So much for simple. I put salt, pepper and paprika in the flour and poultry seasoning and salt in the bread crumbs.  This time I didn't pound the meat flat, I left it whole and plump. First I coated it in flour, dipped in egg then rolled it in the bread crumbs.  I laid it in a hot frying pan, browned one side and turned it over.  I browned that side just a minute then put the pan in the oven at 350 ºF for 30 minutes.

Plain white rice and frozen peas with fresh carrots. Butter on everything. At least that part was simple. I served mine with 'ketchup' a tomato, onion, pear chutney Fern makes. The chicken was crispy, moist and delicious. If I had dolled up the rice and peas this could easily be a restaurant meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment