Saturday, September 7, 2013

BBQ Chicken Thighs


All I could find for chicken was bone in skin on thighs. That is the best tasting part of the bird so it isn't all bad. I decided not to bone the meat and simply season and cook it on the BBQ.  I put the thighs in a plastic bag with plenty of salt, poultry seasoning, mixed ground pepper and paprika and shook to coat. I did rice in the microwave, just plain like Fern prefers. I put soy sauce on my rice.

The Greek salad is made from cucumber, tomato and shallot from the garden.  Black olives and feta from the store along with salt, black pepper, olive oil and red wine vinegar. The tomatoes are so sweet this year the salad was almost a dessert!

Fern loved the chicken.  I managed to keep it moist inside and cooked all the way through just by sight. No way I would have got that right last summer.  Experience is the only way to achieve that so it has been a long time coming.  It took 45 minutes to cook the chicken to the bone, 15 minutes longer than I first estimated.

When time is short, this chicken would be easy to get into the oven quickly, so it's a great last minute dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment