Sunday, September 15, 2013

Chicken Thighs


I was shopping for breasts but couldn't find a package the right size so I picked up thighs instead.  It had been a busy day and I didn't feel like boning a bunch thighs so I cooked them bone-in. First I seasoned them with salt then in a plastic bag put onion powder, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, paprika and mixed pepper. A teaspoon each plus a tablespoon of flour to brown nicely. Shake chicken in bag and fry in oil on the stove.  

Plain white rice under the chicken and frozen peas with fresh snow peas complete the plate. I put soy sauce on my rice, Fern likes his plain white. The chicken was more flavourful cooked with the skin and bone so that was a nice surprise.  The peas were finished in olive oil so each component had good flavour.  


No comments:

Post a Comment