Monday, September 23, 2013

Pork Stir Fry


I wanted something quick and easy.  Cubed pork was on special so I picked up a package.  I emptied the pork into a bowl of flour before realizing the meat needed to be diced finer.  So some of the pieces were a bit large.

I collected a shallot, stick of celery, 4 mushrooms, a carrot and a yellow bell pepper from the garden and fridge. I coated the meat in flour and browned it in the pan, not cooking it through.  Remove from pan and leave aside.  Add oil to the pan and sweat the shallot then add the carrot, celery, yellow pepper and mushrooms. Once the mushrooms have softened add the pork, chicken stock, soy sauce and finish cooking everything. Plate over rice.

Almost as easy as opening a bag of frozen food, but way better tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment