Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pork Chop on stewed tomatoes


I was looking for pork chops and first picked up a pack of 3 for $6. Then I spotted a sirloin roast for $5, so I bought that and cut it into 6 chops! I wanted to keep it simple so mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and a fresh stewed cherry tomatoes to carry the chops.  I foolishly didn't have confidence in my tomatoes so I put a dollop of Fern's Ketchup on each side. If I hadn't done that I would have had a perfect professional dish.

I salted the chops first then mixed in a mortar:

1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp mustard powder
mixed ground pepper

and seasoned them with it.  I brushed them with oil and put them on the BBQ.  I gave them 2x2x2x2 minutes to get crossed grill marks on both sides. They weren't quite done so I gave them another 2 minutes.  The mashed potatoes have only salt and milk in them. Chives and parsley from yesterday to garnish. 

The corn was OK, not great. Not my fault! The pork melted in my mouth and the tomatoes were bright and sweetened every mouthful of delicious pork. Surprising myself, I didn't touch the ketchup. I wanted those fresh stewed tomatoes with every bite. I did a not bad job of plating except the ketchup. I'll definitely make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment