Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pork Tenderloin


I was going to buy chicken but Save On had only packages of breasts for small armies, nothing for a couple. What did I expect? Safeway also didn't have bone in skin on chicken breasts so rather than fight the packaging I decided to change my menu.  I found a nice pork tenderloin and headed home.

I didn't brine the pork.  I decided to marinate it for only a few minutes in oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, chopped oregano, parsley and a small piece of cubanelle red pepper. I thought it was a hotter pepper but it was quite sweet and mild.  I fried the tenderloin medallions in a big pan on the stove. 

The potatoes were boiled then heated with extra virgin olive oil, chopped oregano and parsley till the oil lost it's bitterness. The peas and carrots were done in the microwave and finished with salt and butter. 

The meal was amazing.  The meat was full of flavour, every bite was a succulent morsel. The potatoes were exceptionally good, I'll do that a lot more!  The buttered vegetables played a wonderful counterpoint to oil and herbs on the potatoes. I gave the dogs just one little bite each and they both licked the plates.  The older one only licks a plate if the food was really good, so even the dogs were impressed with this meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment