Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pork Souvlaki


I spent the day cleaning house, which was long overdue, so I didn't feel up to a big effort in the kitchen. A good meal in that situation is souvlaki from the local grocer.  They have an excellent marinade and the skewers are made up so it's easy to prepare. I put rice in the microwave and started up the BBQ. Fern spent an obscene amount of money on All Clad BBQ Tools, in their own bullet proof carrying case, so I was sure to make a production of laying them out for rocket surgery.

Fern picked a cucumber and tomatoes from the garden and made a wonderful greek salad.  He used a diced shallot, small cucumber, 2 tomatoes, chopped parsley, salt, black pepper, olive oil and fresh lemon juice. 

I put a little soy sauce on my rice and thoroughly enjoyed my meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment