Friday, September 27, 2013

Chicken Cordon Bleu - store made!



Neither Safeway nor Save On Foods had any skin on, bone in chicken breasts in packages smaller than small army size. I appear to be the only person in Powell River who wants to buy two undressed chicken breasts. Safeway had no bone in breasts at all but they did have chicken cordon bleu on special so I tried that.  Fern was working on the deck late so I made plain rice and microwaved vegetables as close to the last minute as possible. My rice was plated with soy sauce.

I cooked the chicken at 350ยบ for 30 minutes at which time there was a small amount of cheese leaking out, indicating it was done. I plated the chicken with a dollop of mayonnaise.  The chicken was unremarkable.  So was the rest of the plate.  I was busy all day so I can forgive myself for not turning out an Iron Chef meal on occasion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment