Monday, September 9, 2013

Snapper


I felt like fish so I picked up some fresh snapper. The fillets were tiny and had plenty of small bones.  I managed to miss one and Fern got it in his tongue. When I miss a bone, why does it always end up on Fern's plate?

I seasoned the fish with salt and:

Snapper Rub

1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cayenne
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried thyme

1/2 tsp cumin

Mashed potatoes had only salt and butter in them.  I steamed the carrots and broccoli till they were almost done then ran them under cold water to stop cooking.  When I put the snapper in the frying pan I put the vegetables back on medium low heat with olive oil and salt to heat up and finish cooking. This works much better than any other approach with broccoli.

The tartar sauce is just mayonnaise with half as much sweet green relish in it. I drizzled a little fresh lemon juice over the fish when it was plated. Except for the bone in Fern's fish it was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment