Saturday, September 7, 2013

Quality Foods

It has been six and a half weeks since Quality Foods Powell River store sold me rotting pork. I have not been back in the store since and when people ask I relate my experience.  I haven't been vocal, I've only mentioned it when people ask.  After all, it might possibly be an isolated incident.

That has changed.

Kevin, one of our gardeners, said he also was sold 'off' steaks by Quality Foods. Fern met a woman who also was sold rotting meat by Quality Foods and she knew of 3 other people that also were sold rotting meat by Quality Foods. Since the store opened a couple of years ago there have been six incidents where customers were sold rotting meat that I know of.  I expect there are others.

That can mean only one thing.  It is not safe to eat food handled by Quality Foods Powell River store. I've never been in another QF store so this pertains only to the Powell River store as far as I know. That is a harsh criticism but I can make no other conclusion. There has to be multiple deficiencies and failures ongoing for this to happen. Furthermore it is management at fault. Both the meat manager and the general manager have failed in their duty to ensure the safety of the food their customers eat.

I hope no one dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment