Thursday, February 13, 2014

Greek Inspired Pork Tenderloin


We felt like something lighter than beef so I perused the meat counter and found a nice pork tenderloin on special.  I picked it up and headed out, I had everything else at home.  I made a marinade of olive oil, lemon juice, salt, mixed pepper, paprika, fresh oregano and fresh parsley (forgot the garlic). I cut the meat into bite size pieces and that marinated for about an hour and a half.  I put rice on and the steamer with the carrots. I put broccoli in too and par cooked it then ran both under cold water to stop cooking. For the salad I made a simple 

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive/canola oil 
2 tsp white wine vinegar
salt
mixed pepper
dot of dijon mustard

Whisk and toss the salad in it. I've been using the Fresh Express bag of iceberg/red cabbage and carrot mix that costs only $1.79 for 4 salads. We probably wouldn't have salad if I had to cut it all up myself.

I drained the pork and put it all in a large frying pan on high heat.  I put too much oil in because I wanted it to boil off the liquid from the meat. It worked, a bit messy but it worked. The meat managed to get a sear without becoming dry. I put the carrots and broccoli in a pot with olive oil to reheat and finish cooking.  

I called Fern and he came in saying, it sure smells good! I never get to smell my own kitchen, I think I might be missing half the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment