Sunday, February 2, 2014

Lemon Pound Cake




I found this recipe on Food.com and it works really well. I love having a little cake I can whip up when there is nothing to munch on. This one is easy because the butter is melted instead of creamed. Served with home made ice cream it is heavenly. I'm looking forward to trying this cake with home made frozen yoghurt, which has a lemony flavour. It might be too much lemon but it might be terrific!

Lemon Pound Cake

1/2 cup butter melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs - beaten
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder

Melt the butter and mix in the sugar. Add eggs and lemon juice, mix. Add salt, milk and flour, mix. Add baking powder, mix, pour into parchment lined loaf pan and quickly pop in the oven. Bake at 325ºF for 1 hour. When it's done remove from oven, poke holes along centre line end to end. Have 1/3 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar mixed, pour over the holes immediately.

This cake has nice texture and great flavour. I didn't bother to ice it and it really doesn't need it. I served it with ice cream and last night by itself. Alone or together, it's a piece of cake!

Baking with parchment means I can lift the cake out of the pan by the parchment and place on cake stand. Cover with dome and using a sharp knife, cut all around the dome.  Tear away the paper and I have a perfect display, easy as ... cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment