Monday, February 10, 2014

Roast Chicken Breast


I really wanted to bread this breast and roast it but I didn't have any bread crumbs. So instead I seasoned it with salt and pepper and sprinkled some ground ginger over it. I sprinkled some flour and corn meal over that and brushed it evenly around the breast.  I put the breasts on a small baking sheet and put them in a 375ºF oven for 35 minutes. I served it with steamed broccoli finished in olive oil, corn with butter and mashed potatoes.  For a sauce I simply added a bit of mayonnaise beside the breast.

It was good but not particularly gingery. I guess I've never made ginger chicken. Still haven't. This is chicken with possibly a little hint of ginger. Maybe a little lemon ginger sauce would be the answer.  I'll keep that in mind for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment