Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tenderized Pork Cutlet


Home alone again. I see no shame in less expensive cuts of meat, what matters is how it tastes and eats. Today I chose a tenderized pork cutlet paired with Fern's ketchup, vegetables, salad and Stove Top Stuffing! It's easy, different and the dogs can finish what I don't eat.

The cutlet I salted and peppered then coated with flour and corn flour. I fried it in plenty of oil. The vegetables I steamed then ran cold water to stop cooking and put them back in the pot with olive oil to finish. A simple vinaigrette on the salad.

Vinaigrette

2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp white wine vinegar
salt
pepper
dot dijon mustard

Whisk and toss the salad in it.  My plate is back in the suburbs again but it tasted wonderful! Even the stuffing was a nice break from the usual. I really enjoyed this meal.

There is a place for pre-processed packaged food in a serious kitchen, it's small but it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment