Thursday, February 27, 2014

Rib Steak with Mushrooms and Baked Potato


I felt like a steak before leaving home so it didn't take much time to decide on what to buy. The smallest rib steak. I used to buy a big one but now I take small and share a large piece of it with the dogs. I did the potato in the microwave, buttered the outside and put it on the plate in the oven to keep warm. The steak was done on the BBQ in 2x2x2x2 minutes to get crossed grill marks on both sides. Broccoli and frozen corn were done in the microwave and finished with butter.  A little oil and vinegar over the salad. The mushrooms fried in butter. The potato is topped with sour cream, fresh chives and artificial bacon bits. When the bacon bits are gone I'm not allowed to buy more. Real bacon or nothing.

It's hard to fail with a rib steak and this one is no exception. Most surprising was that the corn and broccoli both came out perfect when done together in the microwave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment