Monday, February 24, 2014

Korean Pork BBQ Ribs


I went to the store thinking chicken would be it for dinner.  At the meat counter I spied some Korean BBQ marinated pork ribs and thought, it's just me, might as well give it a try. So I picked them up. I wasn't going to BBQ them so I put them in a 275ºF oven to slow roast and hopefully come out juicy and tender.  I covered the pan with foil for the first hour and a half, then removed the foil and turned the temperature up to 400º to brown the meat for the last half hour. That made it look much more palatable.

The carrots and broccoli were done in the steamer and finished in the pot with olive oil. Microwaved basmati rice. That's it. Not much work for such a large meal.  

The pork was good, an interesting flavour.  I'm not sure I'd make it again unless I planned to actually BBQ the meat and see how that turns out. I finished the rest for lunch next day so it was good enough to eat twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment