Friday, February 14, 2014

Roast Pork Stir Fry


The very best thing to do with leftover roast pork is a stir fry. It's quick, easy and pleases everyone.  First, cut up all the vegetables. Once you start cooking things move fast.  I diced half a large onion and cut the rest into chunks. The diced onion I sweated till starting to golden then added the mushrooms.  I got a good sear on the mushrooms then added the pork.  The pork was thin sliced into bite size pieces and floured and seasoned with ground ginger. I couldn't taste the ginger so fresh is called for. Next the carrots, wait till they start to soften and add the green pepper and bean sprouts. A dash of oyster or fish sauce will give it an umami undertone that you'll like. Soy sauce of course. I like China Lily, Chinese people hate it. There must be something they know that I don't. 

Serve with rice. As an alternative, a red pepper and molasses would turn it into a delightful Teriyaki. 

No comments:

Post a Comment