Wednesday, March 11, 2015

BBQ Chicken Still Delicious


Sometimes my best meals are flukes that I can't repeat. That hasn't happened in a while but I don't often want to repeat an exact recipe so I don't test it much either. The BBQ sauce I came up with the other day was something I wanted to make again.  So I went back to the blog post to check that I had the recipe correct in my mind, I did.

BBQ Sauce

2 tbsp tomato ketchup 
1 tsp prepared horseradish
1 tsp molasses
1 tsp blue agave syrup - it's sweet works really well here. I hope sugar is a good sub. when I run out
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper

I rolled the breasts in it and put them on the grill, skin side down for about 5 minutes. Then I turned them over and brushed the tops with more BBQ Sauce. They cooked for 25 minutes total cooking time.

Plain basmati rice with salt, olive oil and a few drops lemon juice. The beans were steamed, cooled and finished in olive oil. I over cooked them a bit this way and they weren't as good as they could have been. Boiling them in a little water and finishing them with salt, butter and pepper worked far better.

I wanted something different for the salad so I came up with ...

Caper Salad Dressing

2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper
few drops Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp capers - it needed more, use at least 2 tsp

The dressing was nice, a little work and it might be terrific.

The chicken was phenomenal again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment