Saturday, March 14, 2015

Spaghetti


I diced and sweated two onions, two carrots, three cloves garlic and one stick of celery. Then seared the mushrooms and finally removed it all from the pan.  I put 3/4 ground beef and 1/4 ground pork in the pan and cooked it to crumbles then added the vegetables back in. Add 2, 3 or 4 bay leaves and two 398ml cans of tomato sauce. (I prefer Hunt's) Simmer for as long as you can.

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive/vegetable oil
2 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
black peper

Whisk, toss the lettuce in it.  Add the cucumber and tomato, toss and serve.

I use Barilla Plus pasta. The extra fibre really helps and it tastes better than the other brands. Grated Parmesan on the sauce.

I forgot green pepper and green olives. Oops. Also I can't get Aylmer tomato soup anywhere. That was one of Fern's major ingredients for his sauce.

Anyway, it was easy and good.


No comments:

Post a Comment