Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Pork Souvlaki


Pork Souvlakis from Mitchell's are really good and cost less than $4 each. I brush them with oil and BBQ them.  The rice is basmati cooked with salt, olive oil and a few drops of home made red wine vinegar. (lemon juice works too, or any vinegar. Food has better flavour when it is slightly acidic.)

Fresh green beans were steamed, cooled and finished in olive oil and salt. The beans at Save On look awful sad so I bought these at Mitchell's. They are organic, local, fresh and are the best tasting beans I've ever had. 

The salad looks pretty tired. The lettuce has been in the bin a day too long. I mixed olive and canola oil, salt, black pepper, red wine vinegar and at the last second I squeezed 2 teaspoons of tomato ketchup. Half the ketchup would have been better but the dressing was good anyway. It's a nice change from plain vinaigrette.

A very nice meal. I didn't season the meat myself but today I removed a couple of pounds of fur from the dog in a major grooming. I vacuumed the house and washed the floors and a few other chores so I did enough today.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment