Thursday, March 12, 2015

Breaded Pork Cutlet on Sauerkraut with Apple Sauce


Is that plating starting to look a little better? I chose small carrots whole but didn't decide how to plate them till the time came. The sauerkraut and apple sauce are intended to be eaten together with the pork so their plating was obvious. Fern is correct, the broccoli all pointing the same direction does look better. 

The cutlet is from Mitchell's, their breading. The carrots and broccoli were steamed, cooled and finished in olive oil.  The potatoes had butter, salt and milk. 

It's hard to believe such a delicious plate was so easy to put together. The sauerkraut played against the sweetness in the apple sauce exactly as I'd hoped. They were really good together.

Jill next door made the sauerkraut. Outside of a hogdog I have never used it before, but I will continue now I know how to use it. Thank you Jill!

No comments:

Post a Comment