Sunday, March 22, 2015

Exotic Ground Beef Burger


I know it sounds corny but that is the word that came to mind when I tasted it. Fern will eat beef in ground form because the fat comes off during cooking. Mitchell's didn't have any ground pork left so I used pure ground beef. It will be a bit drier, so will need a sauce of some kind, soy sauce something might work. I had new potatoes, broccoli and carrots to complete the plate. Fern might not be home for dinner so I didn't make a salad.

Exotic Beef Burger

400 gm lean ground beef (nearly a pound) 
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper
1/4 tsp 5 spice powder
1/2 tsp ground garlic
1 tablespoon of bread crumbs. 

I mixed that up rather well since it had warmed up to room temperature, it was much easier to work. I'll remember that for next time. I made two concave patties of it so when it cooks and rises it will end up flat.

Exotic Burger Sauce

1-2 tbsp soy sauce
few drops sesame oil
3 shakes Tabasco Sauce

I was tempted to keep going with the sauce but thought, 'I've got enough going on already.' Good choice. I put sauce on the plate, set the burger in it and brushed more sauce over top. The potatoes were boiled and finished with butter and salt. The vegetables were steamed, cooled under running water and reheated with olive oil, salt and black pepper.

Yum. It hit every note I like on my plate. Have yet to get Fern's vote but he'll probably at least eat it.


No comments:

Post a Comment