Sunday, March 15, 2015

Cajun Chicken, Fries and Salad


I got a late start on dinner but I still turned out a tasty meal.  I peeled the potatoes and ran them through the fry cutter. They were fried in 325F oil for 3 minutes and 375F oil for 4 minutes. The chicken was from Mitchell's and I seasoned it with salt, pepper and cajun spice mix. I've been using the bulk bin cajun at Save On Foods and it's perfectly good. I brushed the breasts with olive oil and grilled them on the BBQ for 25 minutes. Served with a dollop of mayonnaise.

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive/canola oil
2 tsp red wine vinegar
few drops Worcestershire Sauce
black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp prepared horseradish
clove garlic diced

Whisk and toss. It could have used 1/8th tsp mustard powder too. Next time.

The fries were so good we hardly noticed the chicken, although it was really good too.



No comments:

Post a Comment