Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Southwest BBQ Chicken Breast with Caesar Salad


I had to make more chicken stock so the meat was predetermined. We have a bunch of fresh romaine growing in the garden so I harvested a bunch for Caesar Salad. I salted the breast then seasoned it with 

Southwest Spice Rub

2 tbsp  chili powder
2 tbsp paprika
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp  brown sugar
2 tsp Mexican oregano
1 tsp granulated garlic
2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp cayenne (optional, but it really helps)

I put it on the BBQ over the heat for 4 minutes to get the grill marks.  Then I moved it to the middle, off the heat to roast for 20-26 minutes roasting.  When I boned the breasts I fried the skins into crispy treats for the dogs.  The fat that comes from that I basted onto the breasts on the BBQ.  

Caesar Salad is straightforward.  Separate an egg yolk and slowly whisk almost 1/2 cup of oil into it.  Add 2 cloves crushed and chopped garlic. A dash of Worcestershire Sauce, an anchovy or lately I've been using a drop of Chinese Fish Sauce. Add lemon juice to taste, a pinch of salt and plenty of fresh ground black pepper. Pour over the lettuce and toss.  Add the croutons that have been browned and 1/4 cup shredded parmesan.  Toss and serve.

It might be dated, but it's still a good feed!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment