Friday, June 14, 2013

Turkey Patties on Rice with Pan Gravy


I wanted to try the turkey burgers again so I bought another turkey breast for dinner.  This time it didn't take a minute to get the mixer set up with the grinder attachment. I had the breast sliced up and ground in a couple of minutes and was surprised at how easy it all was. To season I added:

2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp paprika
fresh ground mixed pepper
1 tsp salt

To hold it all together I added an egg and to make it look nice I coated each patty in bread crumbs. Then I fried them in plenty of oil.  I had rice going from the start and I put carrots and broccoli in the steamer.  I finished the vegetables in butter, salt and black pepper. 

When the turkey patties were done I took them out of the pan and added half a teaspoon of flour to the pan.  I cooked the flour taste off then added chicken stock, salt, pepper, a few drops of rice wine vinegar and a few drops of Worcestershire sauce. I whisked that into a nice gravy and served it over the patties and rice.

This is my first step in creating a whole plate. This is the first time I planned the meat on top of the rice with a pan gravy to accent the meat and flavour the rice. I don't know if the plating looks better, but the taste is better so the look will probably come along. It will take a little research to figure out how to get carrots and broccoli unified into a whole plate.  This was a tasty start, a little like turkey and stuffing all in one.


No comments:

Post a Comment