Saturday, December 15, 2012

Blu Ray Chicken


No, I didn't cook it in a Blu Ray player, I spent the afternoon setting up my new Blu Ray player and threw dinner together at the last minute. I had to bone the chicken breasts, roast the bones and I fried the skins for the dogs.  Once the bones were roasted I added a carrot, celery stick, shallot, bay leaf and filled the pot with water.  Bring that to a boil and simmer for 45 mins-3 hours. Strain. Use to make soups and sauces.

The boned chicken breast I put in a plastic bag and pounded flat to double in size.  The basmati rice has salt, onion powder, garlic powder, mixed pepper and poultry seasoning cooked into it.  The veggies were steamed to almost done then cooled quickly and finished in a pot with butter and extra virgin olive oil on low heat. The chicken was coated with a mixture of salt, mixed pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and poultry seasoning.  It was sprayed with oil and cooked on the BBQ over low heat for 2 minutes, rotate, 2 minutes, turn over, 2 minutes, rotate, 2 minutes and they're done. The condiment is one of Fern's ketchup.


Despite the late start and rush job it was a fairly good meal.  Fern actually said 'Delicious!' at one point.




No comments:

Post a Comment