Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Chicken Cordon Swiss



I had some sliced ham left over from sandwiches and I found some gruyere cheese drying out in the fridge so Chicken Cordon Swiss was a natural dinner choice.  Since I've been pounding chicken breasts flat anyway it wasn't much extra work.  Once the breasts were flattened I laid a piece of ham on it and rolled it up around a small piece of cheese.  I put them in a plastic bag to coat with breading.

Chicken Breading

1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp poultry seasoning
pepper
1/2 cup bread crumbs

I sprayed the breaded breasts with oil so they'd brown. I should have used more, but they took on a little color. I only made carrots because I had a spinach salad on the side.  Spinach, sliced mushrooms and real bacon with a dressing of 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, 2 tsp regular oil, 1 tsp red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.  Whisk and pour over salad.  Toss.

I served mine with ketchup because hollandaise is just too rich. Also, the chickens are molting so the egg laying has reduced dramatically.  I don't want to have to buy eggs! It all worked somehow.


No comments:

Post a Comment