Sunday, December 30, 2012

Roast Pork with Roasted Potatoes


In a brief break from left over turkey, I made roast pork.  This time I didn't brine it as usual and it definitely suffered as a result.  I diced up the potatoes and carrots and tossed them in oil in the roasting pan before the meat went on top.  Then the meat on a trivet covered with salt, pepper, several bay leaves, a sprig of rosemary and a large pinch of thyme. Insert meat thermometer and put in a 350º oven.

I didn't want a huge feast so instead of cooked greens I made a fresh salad of spinach, crisp bacon, edam cheese and toasted walnuts.

Salad Dressing

1 tbsp oil
2 tsp white balsamic vinegar (or white vinegar with 1/2 tsp of sugar)
salt
pepper

Served with homemade apple sauce it was good but a bit bland.  Even a short brining really brings out the flavor so I won't be lazy again. That salad is a real treat though.

No comments:

Post a Comment