Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pork Tenderloin with Spinach Salad


Pork tenderloins were on special, 2 for 1 so I bought 2 and cooked 1.  This time Fern asked me to try cutting the loins into 2 inch pieces then standing them on the end, pound them flat.  It worked great! They spread out easily and were much faster to cook.  I seasoned them with

1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp mixed ground pepper

Dry mustard is bitter so the little bit of sugar cuts that edge, it worked great and produced a wonderful flavor. I fried some bacon for the salad first then put the pork into the hot fat to sear it both sides. Then turned the heat down to let it cook through.

Mashed potatoes and cauliflower, how difficult can it be?  I overdid the cauliflower so it was more like caulimush. The potatoes were good. The salad was baby spinach, 3 strips of bacon crispy and about a fluid ounce of toasted walnut pieces.

Salad Dressing

1 tbsp xv olive oil (if your oil has a bitter after taste, use 1/3 xv olive to 2/3 other vegetable oil)
1 tsp white balsamic vinegar
salt

I suppose I could have pureed the cauliflower to rescue it but I didn't think of it. It was a great meal anyway, we both ate with gusto.

No comments:

Post a Comment