Friday, December 14, 2012

Molasses Brined Pork Loin Roast



We hadn't had a nice roast pork with artery clogging roasted potatoes for a while so I picked up a small loin roast.  Around 11 am I mixed up the brine:

Pork Brine

per cup water add:
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp molasses

Immerse pork loin in brine for at least 4 hours and up to 2 days.  I put it in the oven around 5 pm so it had about 6 hours to brine.  Once it was brined I put it on a rack in a roasting pan and put potatoes and carrots, well oiled, all around.  I inserted a meat thermometer, placed sprigs of rosemary, thyme and bay leaves on top and put it in the oven. That left only the broccoli to steam and finish in the pan with butter and extra virgin olive oil. The condiment is home made ketchup. It was a wonderful meal I'd almost forgotten how much I enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment