Saturday, December 8, 2012

Southwest Chicken



Chicken done on the BBQ with southwest spice sounded good.  I was tired of peeling potatoes so I made rice.  I used half chicken stock in the rice and put 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp poultry seasoning in to liven it up.  I microwaved the carrots and corn together in chicken stock and added some extra virgin olive oil, butter, salt and black pepper when they were done. After pounding and seasoning the breasts I sprayed them with oil then put them on the BBQ.

Southwest Spice


2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp paprika
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp granulated garlic
4 tsp kosher salt (1 tbsp + 1 tsp)
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp dried mustard
1 tsp cayenne

Simple, fast and tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment