Saturday, December 8, 2012

Midnight Munchie Salad


We didn't have a salad with dinner last night so after the late news I went to the fridge for an apple. I put the apple on the cutting board and thought, I really feel like a salad. A dessert salad. What do I have that goes with an apple?  Baby spinach? Extra old Cheddar? Walnuts? Definitely! I put some walnuts in the toaster oven to roast and got the spinach and cheddar out of the fridge. I took the stems off the spinach and tore the larger leaves in half so it's easier to eat.  Two slices of cheddar cut into small cubes.  The apple was cored and diced.

 The dressing was 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil and 2 tsp regular oil.  I'm using Berio olive oil which has a bitter after taste so I don't use it full strength. 2 tsp white balsamic vinegar, some mixed ground pepper and a good pinch of salt. Whisk and dress the salad. Fresh, sweet, crunchy, creamy and delicious! A wonderful late night treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment