Sunday, December 23, 2012

Chicken with Thyme and Rosemary



Last minute shopping, stores crowded, elderly lady takes huge shopping cart of grocerys through the express lane and asks for a price check on every item? Yes, she actually did that.With some people, it's easy to see why they were murdered.

Anyway, it was time for chicken and I was already tired and frustrated.  I decided to flatten it, season it and throw it on the grill.  I wanted some brown and red rice but Fern didn't like it last time so I tried half regular basmati and half brown and red basmati.  So the regular basmati absorbed all the liquid and the brown and red basmati remained crunchy.  We need more fibre in our diet so it would be nice is I figured out how to make this stuff really delicious.  This was clearly not the way.  The vegetables were steamed and finished in butter and extra virgin olive oil.

I sprayed the chicken with oil and mixed up

1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp rosemary

coated both sides of the breasts and put them on the BBQ.  I considered frying but the BBQ is easy.
I used Fern's tomato pear ketchup as the condiment. Except for the crunchy rice it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment