Sunday, July 21, 2013

Butter Tarts


I made pastry for a Quiche and made butter tarts out of the remaining half of the dough. I baked the tarts first because they were done in 20 minutes.

On a well floured surface roll the dough out to 1/8th inch thickness and cut circles out of it.  I use a 500ml yoghurt container to cut the dough. It was the first thing I found that was about the right size.

Place the dough circles over the tart pan and press down into the form.  Prick the dough with a fork so it doesn't over rise.  Brush with butter to keep it crispy.  

Butter Tart Filling - twelve tarts

1/3 cup melted unsalted butter (I use salted anyway)
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup 10% cream
1/2 cup raisins

Combine and mix thoroughly.  Pour into shells and  put in 400ºF oven. Turn oven down to 350ºF and bake for 20 minutes.

I didn't have quite enough dough for twelve tarts so I made 10 and over filled them a little. Kevin had one and loved it. All the tarts were gone before bed time.


No comments:

Post a Comment