Saturday, July 27, 2013

Rib Eye Steak from Mitchell's


It was late in the day so I decided to pick up dinner at Mitchell's, just a block away.  To my surprise their meat prices were lower than the butcher's. The meat was top notch so I think I'll shop there more often.

I used a fork to pierce the potatoes and cooked them in the microwave.  Then I wrapped them in foil with butter, salt and chives and put them on the BBQ to finish roasting. Steamed broccoli and fried mushrooms complete the plate.  The mushrooms are cooked in a little oil, some butter and salt.  I managed to get a steak with almost no fat for Fern so he was pleased and I got my own with a lump to roast up. I seasoned the steaks with salt and

Southwest Spice Rub

2 tbsp  chili powder
2 tbsp paprika
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp  brown sugar
2 tsp Mexican oregano
1 tsp granulated garlic
2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp mustard powder

1 tsp cayenne (optional, but it really helps)

Then they were cooked on the BBQ for 2x2x2x2 minutes to get the crossed grill marks. Not a heart healthy meal,  but a really tasty one! At least there's no sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment