Sunday, July 21, 2013

Prawns in Penne Pasta with Basil Tomato Sauce


It felt like a pasta night and I didn't feel like heavy beefy spaghetti.  I suggested prawns and pasta and everyone instantly agreed.  I went to the store and picked up some Mezzetta Bistro Tomato Basil Sauce. It's almost as good as making tomato sauce and soooooo much easier. I counted out enough prawns to feed three of us, 10 each and put them in a sieve. I sat them in cold water to thaw. I changed the water once to speed it up.  I fried the prawns in butter just till the outside was cooked then put them in the hot sauce to let them finish cooking while I drained the penne pasta. I poured the sauce and prawns over the pasta in the pot and mixed it all thoroughly. I plated the dish and topped with fresh grated parmesan.  I guess some fresh chopped basil over top would have been nice. It was very good. That sauce is expensive but it's steps above everything else except home made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment