Friday, July 5, 2013

Taco with Salsa, Guacamole and Refried Beans


I used generic taco seasoning from the grocery store.  I salted and browned the meat then added the seasoning and a little stock to carry the flavour into the meat.  The taco shell I warmed up in a frying pan with xv olive oil cooked in it. I put grated cheddar inside with the meat.  The guacamole is just avocado, salt and lime juice.  Ordinary sour cream. Butter lettuce chiffonade cut. That leaves just the 

Salsa

3 ripe tomatoes
1 jalapeño 
slice of onion or green onion (this time I used chives)
cilantro ( I used parsley this time )
juice of half a lime
1/4 tsp cumin
salt
black pepper

The refried beans were from a can but I added some lime juice to brighten them up.

It was a nice summer meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment