Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pork Cutlet


Fish or pork tonight. Nothing interesting at the fish counter and I think I'll make prawns tomorrow anyway.  A package of seasoned tenderized pork cutlets caught my eye.  Mostly because it had three pieces about the right size. I picked it and a few other things up and headed home.

I got potatoes peeled and on for mashed. I put the carrots in the steamer and cut up the broccoli.  I had a large frying pan with oil ready to go. When the potatoes were half done I started the pork.  I added more oil to the pork so it never got dry and scorched. It is served with Fern's Quebec style ketchup. (onion, pear, tomato)

I finished the veggies in olive oil and managed not to overcook the broccoli this time. I think the 'seasoned' part of the pork cutlet didn't include salt so it was a little bland. The ketchup helped that a lot.

Ryan ate almost everything on his plate so that was good to see. Fern said it was good, he doesn't usually like these things but I guess I prepared it well enough to over come his predilection. I'm glad everyone was happy because this meal can go together in 30 minutes if I move fast and stay organized. That is sure to come in handy at some point.


No comments:

Post a Comment