Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Snapper with Rice Pilaf


I knew snapper was on special and it was time for fish so that's what I picked up.  I didn't have enough potatoes so I made ride pilaf.  Half water, half chicken stock with salt, pepper, chives and a bay leaf in with the rice.  I added a drop of rice vinegar but it didn't help and may have hurt.  I cleaned up the snapper.  I take all the bits of skin and white fat off that taste fishy and pull all the bones out with pliers. I thoroughly salt and season with my 

Snapper Rub

1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cayenne
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp cumin

2 sprigs fresh rosemary (optional)

and lay the fish in plenty of hot oil.  I had the carrots steaming and put the peas in with them after the fish went in the pan.  

It was pretty good.  My rice pilaf leaves a lot to be desired. The dogs loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment