Monday, July 8, 2013

Chicken Curry


I had coconut milk and pineapple chunks left over in the fridge so chicken curry was pretty much pre-ordained. First I boned the breasts to make chicken stock and fried the skins for the dogs. I put some basmati rice on to cook and got some fresh peas from the garden.  I diced and salted the chicken then tossed some flour over it.  I diced an onion and caramelized it then put the chicken in to brown. I added a little chicken fat from the skins.  I put two tablespoons of curry powder and a pinch of cayenne over the meat while it cooked.  Once it was uniformly browned I added an ounce of chicken stock, half a can each of coconut milk and pineapple chunks.  I reserved the pineapple sugar syrup but didn't use it. I cut the ends off the peas, cut them in half and put them in the simmering curry to cook.  By the time I had three plates with rice laid out the peas were done and I served the curry over the rice.

Everyone was busy shovelling food in their mouths so I took that as a sign that the food was really good. It certainly tasted that way to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment