Thursday, July 4, 2013

Prawns and Penne Pasta in Tomato Basil Sauce in one paragraph


I wasn't in the mood to do anything difficult so I settled on prawns and pasta.  I defrosted a bunch of prawns and took the tails off.  I had some diced red onion left from lunch so I used that to caramelize in the pan.  When the onion was taking on some colour I added three cloves of finely diced garlic. I took the onion and garlic out and put aside while I added the prawns with some salt.  I cook to colour on both sides but the inside isn't done yet. They finish cooking in the sauce and don't become rubbery. Remove from pan. I added our last can of last summers tomatoes to pan and cooked the water off while chopping up the tomatoes. I could have used the immersion blender but that's more washing up. I added the onion and garlic and a little salt.  When the pasta was done I added the prawns and chopped basil to the sauce and stirred them in.  Plate the pasta, pour sauce over top and garnish with parmesan cheese. Yum! (I was a bit shy on the sauce as I'm not used to cooking for three people but everyone cleaned their plate!)

No comments:

Post a Comment